Do you …
- Have a fabric stash or want to start one?
- Like to just look at your fabric—or just pet it?
- Want to meet like-minded sewists?
- Have an interest in fashion sewing or quilting or home décor or anything sewing-related?
- Have sewing skills from beginner to advanced?
- Like to meet up in monthly groups?
- Want to take workshops from national speakers right in your home town?
- Like to have a connection to sewers all across the country?
- Want to participate in community service projects?
- Want access to discounts locally and nationally?
- Then you have come to the right place!
200 Members. Our membership is over 200! We are beginners to professionals interested in all facets of sewing located in the Portland/Vancouver metro area.
11 Neighborhood and Special Interest Groups. We meet monthly in small groups. Choose the Neighborhood Group (NG) that best fits your schedule and interests—during the week, on the weekend, in Portland, Vancouver or Beaverton. Learn a new technique, bring your sewing machine—or not, sit and chat, or join our online group. Attend one or attend all.
4 Chapter programs—one each quarter. Past presenters and instructors include Judy Barlup, member Kayla Kennington, LaFred, Rochelle Harper, Cheryl Kuczek of Paradiso Designs, Marcy Tilton, and member Marsha McClintoch of Saf-T-Pockets. Quarterly meetings are held on Saturdays and locations vary across the Portland/Vancouver area.
1 Columbia River Sewing (CRS). We are the Portland, Oregon chapter of the national non-profit American Sewing Guild (ASG). You are welcome to attend two functions before deciding to join, though we know it will only take one. Find more information on the Membership page.
But wait, there’s more—Spring Fling, sewing retreat, community service activities, decorating at the Pittock Mansion, Columbia River Sewing newsletter, local retailer discounts—and that doesn’t even cover the national benefits!
We look forward to seeing you at a meeting soon.